In general, you can visit the Site on the World Wide Web without telling us who you are or providing us with any personally identifiable information. However, we collect the domain names (not the email addresses unless you choose to provide your email address to us) of all visitors to our Site to measure the number of visits, pages visited, average time spent on our Site, etc. We use this information to continually improve the convenience and functionality of our Site.
We may also conduct online surveys to better understand the needs and profiles of our visitors and to measure the interest of our visitors in the features of our Site.
We may tailor our offers to you based on information you provide when you purchase products and services, from our online surveys, from information that may indicate your purchasing preferences and lifestyle, as well as information available from external sources, including demographic and census data. With your consent, Cambrooke Foods® may also share your email address with other reputable companies so that they can send you product and service offers that may be of interest. You will be offered an opportunity to restrict access to your email address if you object to the use of your email address by any party other than Cambrooke Foods®. Unless it is specifically stated otherwise, when you are asked for personal information on our Site, you are agreeing to share that information with Cambrooke Foods®.
Information Collection and Use
When you sign up for the Services you will be asked to provide us with certain information, described in detail below (hereafter referred to as, "Your Information"). Unless it is specifically stated otherwise, when you are asked for personal information on our Site, you are agreeing to share that information with Cambrooke Foods® and its affiliates.
- Account Information: Your name, your email address and your date of birth are required by Cambrooke Foods® in order to provide you with the Services. Cambrooke Foods® will also ask you to provide a private password and a security question and answer, which will become part of Your Information.
- Nutritional and Health Information: When you use the Services, you will be able to store your nutritional and health information (e.g., information about the foods you eat, your daily dietary intake of protein, blood levels, and other personal wellness factors) in order to fully take advantage of the various features of our Services, including being able to produce a graph to show the dietary effects on your personal well being.
We use Your Information to enable you to use the Services. Specifically:
- Account Information: This information is stored on Cambrooke Foods®' secure servers and is not shared with any outside parties. If you forget your password, you will be asked to go on the Cambrooke Foods® Site, answer your security question and create a new password. A confirmation email will be sent to the registered email address you specify. No plain text passwords will ever be passed through email.
- Nutritional and Health Information: You have the right to access, correct, update, and/or delete your Nutritional and Health Information at any time. You can do so by logging into the Site with your username and password. You will retain these rights even in the event of a business transition (see Change of Ownership or Other Business Transaction section for more information). You are always in control of the information you provide to Cambrooke Foods®.
Additionally, we may use your Account Information:
- For license reporting and assessment of service levels;
- To better understand on an aggregated basis how our services are used, gauge traffic patterns and determine what types of content and services are most popular with our users;
- To verify access rights to content or services;
- To provide you with information about Cambrooke Foods' products, services, news and events through the Site or email;
- To allow you to purchase and download Cambrooke Foods' products and services; and/or
- To provide you with personalized and customized content programming, instructions and services.
Limited Information Sharing with Third Parties
Cambrooke Foods® is committed to protecting your privacy. We will only share Your Information with third parties in accordance with your instructions and in order to provide you specific services. [For example, we use a credit card processing company to bill users for Services or products purchased. This business partner does not retain, share, or store any personally identifiable information except to provide this service and is bound by a strict confidentiality agreement which limits their use of such information.]
We may share aggregated and anonymous demographic information with our business partners but no such information can be linked directly to Your Information.
Although we will use every reasonable effort to preserve your privacy, we may need to disclose Your Information, including personally identifiable information, when required by federal, state local or other governmental regulations or laws. In such cases, we will use reasonable efforts to disclose only the information required by law enforcement personnel.
Our Site uses a technology called "cookies" which may be used to provide you with tailored information. A cookie is a tiny element of data that a Web site can send to your browser, which may then be stored on your hard drive so we can recognize you when you return. All pages on the Site where you are prompted to log-in or that are customizable require that you accept cookies. These cookies (a) will let us know who you are and (b) are necessary to access your account information (stored on our computers ) in order to deliver products and personalized services. You may set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, however please note that by not accepting cookies from Cambrooke Foods®, you will limit the functionality we can provide when you visit our Site.
Our Site may include links to other third party Web sites. While we try to link to sites that share our high standards and respect for personal privacy, Cambrooke Foods® is not responsible for the content or the privacy practices employed by any third party.
Children and Privacy
Cambrooke has designed the DietWell™ Health Log for use by parents of children with metabolic disorders and adults with metabolic disorders. The Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of April 21, 2000 is designed to protect the privacy of children under the age of 13. At Cambrooke, we too want to protect the privacy of our young children and encourage only adults to use this Site. By electing to use DietWell™, you are certifying that you are age 13 or older.
Change in Ownership and Other Business Transaction
Unfortunately no data transmission can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. While we strive to protect Your Information, we cannot warrant the security of the information provided to us online. However, once we receive your information, we will do our best to ensure that our systems are functioning properly and will use reasonable and customary efforts to protect that information.
Beginning on January 1, 2005, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users of our Site and Services who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at Cambrooke Foods®, 4 Copeland Drive, Ayer, MA 01432.
© 2013 Cambrooke Foods, Inc. All rights reserved.