Rice with Garlic, Tomatoes and Basil
Category: Rice, Side Dish
- 1/3 cup (50 g) CBF Short Grain Rice or Pasta Solo
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 medium ripe tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil pepper
- Salt to taste
- Cook the rice according to the package instructions.
- While the rice is cooking, heat the olive oil, garlic, tomatoes, pepper and cook, stirring constantly until the tomato skins begin to separate.
- Add the basil and a pinch of salt (if desired). Stir well and remove from the heat.
- Put the cooked rice or pasta into a bowl and add the tomato mixture. Stir well to combine. Serve immediately.
- SUGGESTIONS: May also be served as a cold dish.
Serving size: 81 g
( size description n/a )
Servings per recipe: 3
|Per Recipe||Per Serving|
|PHE:||72 mg||24 mg|
|LEU:||87 mg||29 mg|
|Pro:||2.1 g||0.7 g|
|P.E.:||0 g||0 g|